Q: The front tire is making a knocking sound when I accelerate

When I drive the front tire makes a knocking sound. It sounds as if the tire is wobbling, but the steering wheel doesn't shake. I'm in need of tires as well. So my question is, can bad tires be causing the knocking sound

The noise could be a from a tire that is separated or one of the front axles joints being bad. If you do not feel anything in the steering when the noise is happening, then the noise is most likely from an inner axle joint on one of the axles. I recommend having the front end checked by a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic. They will be able to diagnose the knocking noise and make sure that any repairs that are needed are done properly.