Q: My car is making a whining/chirping noise.

When I drive with my defrost on I can hear a chirping noise coming from the passenger side of my car. When I turn the heat on the noise goes away. I was wondering what the chirping/whining noise is.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Hi there: Sometimes this chirping sound wh...

Hi there:

Sometimes this chirping sound when the defrost is on is caused by leafs or other debris that gets stuck underneath the dashboard or the vents near the front windshield. In some cases, it's the blower motor or vent itself has become loose that will cause this type of sound as well. The best way to know for certain is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection; so they can determine whether there is a broken part that needs to be fixed or if it's a small issue that just needs to be cleaned.