Q: brake and abs light won't go off after replaceing brake pads and ft. rotors.

2 weeks ago I replaced left and right front rotors and pads, also replaced hub on right side only. Rear brakes were good. The problem I am having is how do I stop the Brake and ABS light from still coming. on? You drive about 3 blocks and off goes the warning sound and the Brake and ABS lights go on. I don,t see any reason why those warning's are still going off. Please help.

Thank you Bill Wolf

Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. In your case these sensors may have been bumped or need to be reset due to the movement when the brakes were replaced. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system.

3. brake and abs light won't go off after replaceing brake pads and ft. rotors.