Q: AC doesn't blow cold air

Tried to add some refrigerant but didn't work. It still won't blow cold air. Air compressor?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. If your AC syste...

Hi, thanks for writing in. If your AC system is leaking and it will not accept a charge it is either because the AC system is overcharged or it is leaking. Both of these symptoms will cause the air conditioning not to work. I would recommend having the high and low side pressures of your air conditioning system checked by a qualified professional. This will help to determine the level of refrigerant in the system and if any leaks exist. If the system is overcharged it is possible to remove some refrigerant and the system should work again. If the system is leaking I would recommend having any and all leaks repaired as soon as possible and the system recharged to resolve this issue. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect this AC problem for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.