Q: Car sputtering when idling

asked by on February 16, 2016

The Check Engine light came on in my car. Now, my car is sputtering when idling.

Engine is sputtering Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Since the check engine light is on that means that the computer is seeing a problem. I typically start by scanning the computer for codes. This will give me a starting point. From what you are saying it sounds like it may have a misfire or a sensor problem. The codes will identify where these issues exist. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s sputtering issue.