Q: Car sputtering when idling

The Check Engine light came on in my car. Now, my car is sputtering when idling.

Since the check engine light is on that means that the computer is seeing a problem. I typically start by scanning the computer for codes. This will give me a starting point. From what you are saying it sounds like it may have a misfire or a sensor problem. The codes will identify where these issues exist. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car’s sputtering issue.

3. Q: Car sputtering when idling