Q: Car wont start - 2008 Chevrolet Equinox

Had to jump my car for it to start it was dead went got a new battery put it in & nothing just dead replaced the starter nothing alternator is good all the lights come on headlights are bright but it wont do anything checked all fuses & battery cables but i noticed that when i lock my car up now the alarm no longer works i need help cant afford any more mechanics or tows

Hi there. The two quick things to check. First, the ignition switch may be faulty and the contact point for the start position may be out. The second thing to check would be the starter relay. You can simply test this by listening for a clicking sound. If it does not click, then the starter relay is bad. If you need an expert to pinpoint the problem for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting issue and follow through with repairs.