Q: How do I know which O2 sensor to change when it sets a code for o2 sensor? 2000 Jaguar S-type

asked by on December 14, 2016

The code is showing that it's running too lean and if you sit at a red light in drive for too long it stalls
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi - the description for each Check Engine problem code contains the clues : for a given code - P1647 for example - the description is "Bank 2, Sensor 1". This means the first sensor in the exhaust system - before the catalytic converter, on the side of the engine which does NOT contain cylinder #1. Bank 1 is the group of cylinders including cylinder 1. Sensor 2 is the O2 sensor after the catalytic converter. Send us your problem code, and we can tell you which O2 sensor is malfunctioning. Or, have an emissions system service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.