Q: How do I know which O2 sensor to change when it sets a code for o2 sensor? 2000 Jaguar S-type

The code is showing that it's running too lean and if you sit at a red light in drive for too long it stalls
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi - the description for each Check Engine problem code contains the clues : for a given code - P1647 for example - the description is "Bank 2, Sensor 1". This means the first sensor in the exhaust system - before the catalytic converter, on the side of the engine which does NOT contain cylinder #1. Bank 1 is the group of cylinders including cylinder 1. Sensor 2 is the O2 sensor after the catalytic converter. Send us your problem code, and we can tell you which O2 sensor is malfunctioning. Or, have an emissions system service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. How do I know which O2 sensor to change when it sets a code for o2 sensor? 2000 Jaguar S-type