Q: My battery light is on and my check Charging system lite is on. My alternator and battery is new. It has to be something else's b

Couples day ago battery light came on. Also check Charging system lite came on. Had battery and alternator checked. I had to replace both. My lites are still on. My car won't run it keeps cutting off. I know not that it has to be electric problems but what.

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi There, You may have a failing voltage regulator that could be allowing the alternator to supply too much or too little amperage to the battery resulting in the battery never maintaining a consistent charge as it is designed to. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator. When the voltage regulator is not working properly, this may result in the alternator allowing too much power to be delivered to the battery resulting in damaging wires and prematurely sometimes destroying the battery. A common sign of this is usually the acid inside the battery boiling causing the battery to swell. You may also smell a bit of smoke due to things potentially getting too hot. In other cases it may result in the alternator not supplying enough power to the battery, resulting in undercharging the battery or not charging it at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vehicle’s charging system.