Q: I have a Chevy Traverse 2009 that is reading All Wheel Drive Off and when I brake you can hear a sound similar to a helicopter. Sh

I have a Chevy Traverse 2009 that is reading All Wheel Drive Off and when I brake you can hear a sound similar to a helicopter. Should I take it to a mechanic asap or can it wait? I need to drive on the express way and not sure if it's safe to do so.

This type of problem can be diagnosed by a mobile mechanic, right at your location. If there is a tremendous amount of noise on braking, you should have the car inspected as soon as possible. Without an actual physical inspection of the vehicle, I can’t tell you whether it is safe to drive or not. All that can be said is the noise you are describing is not normal and therefore the car should be repaired. When you are braking, if the noise is accompanied by any vibration, a common cause would be warped rotors and/or brake pads that are worn down to the steel backing plate. If you request a vehicle noise diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will definitely find the origin of the noise. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a Chevy Traverse 2009 that is reading All Wheel Drive Off and when I brake you can hear a sound similar to a helicopter. Sh