Q: Mystery shaking

Hello, my car started shaking very roughly while driving about a month ago. The strange thing is it only does on one part of my commute, it occurs at different speeds, and it happens sporadically. I do know I have leaking head gaskets, and the shop is ordering the parts for the repair. Could this be because of that? Tire pressure is good and the tires were rotated ~ two weeks ago.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Given the sporad...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Given the sporadic nature of the symptoms, and a known head gasket issue, it is likely the engine is misfiring due to the head gasket issues is causing rough running. If the symptoms are felt more through the steering wheel rather than through the "seat of the pants", you may have a tire separation or worn suspension issue. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.