Q: Door ajar chime for 96 Dodge Stratus will not stop when all doors are firmly closed, what can I do to stop it?

The door ajar warning chime will not stop. I have tried removing the fuses connected to the door but have had no success either one that I tried. The sound goes off about 20 times or more a minute and it is driving me insane. Is this a common issue? Is there anything that can be done to disable this mechanism?

Hi Evan. Thanks for contacting us today. The Door ajar chime is a safety system and by law can’t be disabled by a mechanic. However, it’s possible to repair this problem. Usually it’s caused by a damaged door sensor or an electrical short. It’s best to have a professional mechanic inspect your vehicle onsite to locate the source of the problem so the right repairs can be made.

3. Door ajar chime for 96 Dodge Stratus will not stop when all doors are firmly closed, what can I do to stop it?