Door ajar chime for 96 Dodge Stratus will not stop when ...

Q: Door ajar chime for 96 Dodge Stratus will not stop when all doors are firmly closed, what can I do to stop it?

asked by on October 03, 2017

The door ajar warning chime will not stop. I have tried removing the fuses connected to the door but have had no success either one that I tried. The sound goes off about 20 times or more a minute and it is driving me insane. Is this a common issue? Is there anything that can be done to disable this mechanism?

Hi Evan. Thanks for contacting us today. The Door ajar chime is a safety system and by law can’t be disabled by a mechanic. However, it’s possible to repair this problem. Usually it’s caused by a damaged door sensor or an electrical short. It’s best to have a professional mechanic inspect your vehicle onsite to locate the source of the problem so the right repairs can be made.