Q: My car wont start, doesn't click and will not start with a jump either.

I started it earlier, it struggled/clicked and started after about 5 seconds. Turned it off after i drove for about 10 or 15 minutes and it will not start or click at all. Tried to jump it and got nothing. All engine lights, interior lights, etc turn on when i turn the key to acc. I have also tried putting it in neutral and starting it. My neighbor looked at it and said my starter looks fairly new and the wires dont seem to be loose.

It sounds like your starter has failed. There is also a slight possibility that the alternator is bad but I would say starter first.

I would start with a charging system test and figure out what is causing your vehicle to not start. When the starter fails, it completely fails and just doesn’t work anymore, when an alternator fails, the vehicle will still start with a jump start and turn off when you remove the jumper cables. If the battery has failed the vehicle will usually click or at least try to start with a very slow crank.

However, like I said before, this sounds like a starter issue. The starter has a switch incorporated in it that may have failed causing the circuit to be open all the time. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your location to diagnose the starting issue and make the needed repairs.

• My car wont start, doesn't click and will not start with a jump either.