Q: Water pump gasket leaking

asked by on February 20, 2017

I need talked through the changing of my water pump gasket please! I have a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire 2.4L

Removing the water pump on your vehicle is a 6 hour job and consequently involves pages of procedures, torque specifications, and a lot of detail. Due to the amount of time involved, it is not worth it re-installing the old pump because if you merely replace the gasket and the already used pump fails thereafter, all of the work has to be done over again. If the pump gasket is leaking, and/or the pump bearing weephole, the best practice is to install a new OEM pump. If you desire that the water pump be replaced by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request water pump replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.