Q: My car shakes and jerks back when I accelerate. When stopped at a light vibration through steering wheel it is an Audi A4

asked by on March 08, 2017

My car shakes and jerks back when I accelerate. When stopped at a light vibration through steering wheel also it has said the gas cap is open and it's not opened.

Hi there. When you are getting an engine vibration as you described and you have a gas cap warning light issue, then it is likely that you have an issue with an EVAP canister or the purge solenoid. The canister purge solenoid is an emissions control component that is commonly found on the evaporative emissions (EVAP) system of many modern vehicles. Modern vehicles are equipped with an (EVAP) system that works to reduce the evaporative emissions pollution that can come from the vehicle’s fuel, which is released in the form of vapors. I would highly recommend reading this article as it will tell you what common symptoms and the repairs that will hopefully solve this issue on your Audi.