Q: Stalling vehicle when vdc and slip light comes on

My girlfriend owns 2008 xterra the service engine light and vdc and slip lights come on and it dies on u it does this after u drive it awhile .in a few minutes u can start it up and drive it a little longer and then does it again. I took it to auto parts and had it put on computer it showed the crankshaft and cam sensors were bad . I replaced both sensors but it started doing it again I took it back and it showed cam shaft sensor again . I have replaced it twice in 3 weeks can u tell me what to do to fix this it runs to good to be something major we have kept it well maintained and need to find out problem that's causing this .thank u for your time and will be waiting on any suggestions u have to give us about our problem

Hi there. I’ve seen this same concern during my tenure as a Nissan service manager. What usually happens is the wire harness to those sensors becomes brittle and loose. When this happens, it does need to be replaced/repaired. The odds that all the sensors failed at once is usually rare, but seems to be the case with Nissan products. The sensors and the wire harness fails. There may be a broken wire or poor fit in the connectors. You’ll need a digital volt/ohm meter and proper testing procedures with specifications to accurately diagnose this concern. In very rare occasions, the ECM has an internal failure. Checking for output signals at the computer will reveal if this is the case. This can also be tested at the sensor to avoid removing dash components. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a check engine light inspection.