Q: Transfer case shift motor

After getting the co327 code and the service 4wd light, I decided to get a while new motor assembly rather than just swap the sensor in my corroded old motor. After manually shifting the tcase to nuetral and bolting up the new motor, my 4wd switch displays it is in neutral and when I push any button it just blinks and doesn't shift. After removing the motor a d letting it hang from the tcase, I tried again and no response from motor. I've swapped out 3 motors now and still same issue. I'm leaning towards the tcm now seeing as a installing a new switch had the same results. Any other ideas?

Hello. C0327 is the trouble code for a malfunction with the transfer case encoder motor as you alluded. This is the electric motor that allows the transfer case to engage into 4wd mode. This code is commonly caused by water contaminating the control module. I would recommend having the transfer case control module carefully examined for any signs of water intrusion. If the module checks out, I would then move on to inspecting the transfer case motor itself, for any faults. If you need help having this diagnosed, a professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the shifting issue and let you know what needs repair.