Q: What could be wrong with my engine?

My car made a loud hiss sound and now has no acceleration along with still making the hiss, there is what seems to be a valve stem with nothing connected to it and I was wondering if that had something to do with it? There is a slight gassy smell coming from the engine on start up and when pressing the gas

The sound may be due to a vacuum leak and that would include the PCV and EGR systems. There are other possibilities but initially the latter possibilities would be considered first. To get this problem investigated and resolved, your best bet is to request an unusual noise diagnostic - suspected vacuum leak. If you request that service, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. What could be wrong with my engine?