Q: Oil on engine with burning smell.

The car has oil on the engine and it smells like something is burning. There are no oil leaks on the ground and the oil was changed recently.

Smell of oil in car Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Engine oil, especially oil dripping or leaking on the exhaust will create an oil burning smell. The first thing to do is to determine whether the oil on the engine is caused by a leak or due to spillage during the oil change. If your engine oil is being consumed excessively then it may be a leak that has developed in the engine oil system. If you have no history of oil consumption then the are where oil is accumulating on the engine needs to be safely cleaned with the engine cold and monitored for future accumulation. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic to access the source of the oil accumulation on the engine and determine source of the problem.