Q: Trouble starting, misfires, dies when you let off the gas.

The car only starts when the gas is pressed, as soon as you let off the gas, it dies. Has new spark plugs and fuel filter. I bought the car from a guy that had it sitting for almost 3 years, its driving fine for about 2 months. It died a couple times, but started right up so I didnt think to much about it. It started dying a lot of stops, so I changed the fuel filter. It got worse. Sounds like a bad misfire. I was almost home yesterday and it got real bad, it died and wouldn't start till I held my foot down. Got about 50 feet down the road and the top radiator hose blew, but then the car ran fine. Thankfully I was less than a block away at that point. Any ideas? I have a video of what it does when I start it also. Please please please help me :/

It sounds like you have a real bad vacuum leak. After you replaced the radiator and hoses to get it running again check all the vacuum hoses to make sure there is no broke hose.

If you find there is no broken hose, then check the distributor cap for oil in it and misfiring marks in the cap or on the rotor. If you need further diagnosis, then have a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to you to test the systems and diagnose your misfiring issue.