Q: I have a 2005 Ford F150 that has intermitten electrical surges.

My truck is having intermittent electrical power surges that correlate with a grinding sound from the front drivers side while driving. This is followed by a reduction of power which will dim my headlights and radio. The alternator was replaced by the previous owner less than 1 year ago.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The power surging could be caused by a loose wire from the battery or a loose ground. The noise could be the starter engaging as the engine is running. Check all of the wiring under the hood and look for anything that is loose or corroded. If you need further assistance with your electrical system surging, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.