Q: Water leaking in mid-section of car

I have a new reservoir, but today coolant leaking from under midway of the car, and causing reservoir to lose water. Is it my water pump?

Hi, thanks for writing in. Typically when coolant is leaking in the center of vehicle, it comes from the water pump or the primary coolant line attached from the pump to the block. In order to verify this you can crawl under the vehicle and inspect the seals on the pump to see if they’ve been pushed out or are cracked. With over 200,000 miles, if the OEM water pump has never been replaced, it’s a good possibility that this is your issue. If you need help with replacing the water pump, consider contacting one of our local ASE certified mechanics, as they would be able to come directly to your home or office to perform the replacement for you.