Q: Stalling when stepping on the accelerator

The car turns on fine but the moment I press the gas pedal my car won't accelerate and it turns off what causes this? And how much would it cost?

Hello. Stalling can be caused by many things. If you believe it may be the fuel system then a few components to look at the vehicle’s fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, and injectors. An issue with any of these can cause stalling due to lack of fuel. A fuel pressure test would be a good place to start. Also keep in mind that similar symptoms can also be described by issues with the vehicle’s engine management or ignition systems. A few components to look at there would be the idle air control valve, and ignition coils. A fault with the idle air control valve, in particular, can often cause stalling, as it is the primary component that adjusts and maintains the vehicle’s idle speed. If the check engine light is on, retrieving the trouble codes will likely shed some light on what the exact issue may be. As the possibilities could vary greatly, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what may be causing your vehicle to stall](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-stalling-inspection).

3. Stalling when stepping on the accelerator