Q: Timing belt failure - 2006 Chrysler Pacifica

I had motor mounts and transmission replaced 8 months ago and now timing has gone out and warped valves. Should the mechanic have caught that?

Hi there - no, it would have been impossible for a mechanic to know a timing belt failure was imminent. Given your mileage, the timing belt has been changed at least once already. When that was done, the service center should have placed a sticker under the hood somewhere indicating that service, and when the next timing belt replacement should be done. This should also have been referenced in your service ticket from that maintenance. If this sticker exists, the mechanic may or may not have seen it.