Q: My car is pouring transmission fluid out by the starter. Is that the front transmission seal? 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

My Monte Carlo is leaking out transmission fluid by the starter and it pours all out in minutes but starts when you put it in to gear

Hi there - the leak you describe could certainly be caused by the transmission input shaft seal. It’s also possible that one of the transmission fluid lines to the radiator has failed, or one of the fluid couplings is leaking (massively). I recommend a transmission fluid leak inspection before driving the car further, performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. This will prevent further damage to the transmission.

• My car is pouring transmission fluid out by the starter. Is that the front transmission seal? 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo