Q: Oil light came on & car stalled

We filled the gas tank and as we were driving back to the house the oil light came on & the car died. We were sitting at a stop sign. I tried to start it & nothing. It finally started, no oil light so I got it around the corner to the house. At the advice of Dodge dealership, I had a flatbed come get it. Also I sat in front of my house for 20 min with it running. No oil kight, no stalling. I had checked the oil the day before & it was good. I didn't not notice what the oil pressure was before the stall.

A: If your engine loses oil pressure or the oi...

If your engine loses oil pressure or the oil pressure sending unit fails for some reason, such as a bad sensor or wiring connection to the sender the engine control module, this will shut down the engine and not allow it to start until the engine has an oil pressure signal again to the engine control module.

If you had it towed to your home then you can have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic at 1-800-701-6230, come and check to see if code P0520 or other codes are stored. They will be able to diagnose your car’s starting issue and get you back on the road.