Q: Purge valve location

asked by on October 11, 2017

Where is the location of the purge valve?

The vapor vent valve is located on air inlet tube between the throttle body and the mass air sensor. It is mounted on side of the air tube.

My car idles roughly and wants to die when I give it gas what could this be?

With this kind of engine issue, I would imagine that your Check Engine Light is on, indicating that the built in diagnostics have logged and error and a diagnostic trouble code. It will be important to know these codes to...

Brakes shake the car, what makes that happen?

I can understand the frustration with this problem and to assist with fixing the concern, it is best to understand why we see the issue re-occurring. Disc brake rotors that have been resurfaced are more susceptible to being overheated. When...

Need to remove CD from car stereo.

Sometimes you can use some tweezers to get the cd out when you hit the eject button. Other than that you will have to remove the radio and send it off to get them to remove the cd. A technician...

Engine code P1155

Hi there. The A/F sensor you are referring to is Toyota's alternate name for an oxygen sensor. It is a likely code to come up for vehicles with accumulating miles. A certified technician can easily verify the cause your Check...

2006 GMC Envoy not going into gear

Most vehicles like yours will have a shift lock actuator which allows you to change gears when you press the brake pedal. Usually a slight click sound can be heard when the brake pedal is depressed to indicate that the...

I HAVE A BAD FRONT DRIVER SIDE BRAKE THAT IS SCRAPNIG METAL ON METAL.

The front brake pads and rotor must be replaced on the side that has been worn down to the metal and it would be a good idea to do the same to the other side of the vehicle as well,...

My AC compressor locked up and my steering wheel belt snapped and my car begin to overheat. What is the cause?

Either the air conditioning compressor or clutch has failed. Most of the time the clutch fails and locks to the compressor housing causing the compressor to not turn. If the air conditioning was off when the belt seized, then the...

My car won't start after new alternator, starter, and battery.

Hello, thank you for writing in. With a new starter, battery, and alternator (assuming you have not drained the battery attempting to start it), the starter should attempt to crank over the engine. If the starter does not make any...

How do you turn on the high beam headlights?

Your car’s headlights have two modes of operation – low beams, which are dimmer and should be used during most driving situations, and high beams, which are much brighter and can illuminate the road ahead of you better. Here’s how...