Q: Check engine light is on, shows cam sensor that I already replaced two times. Still the same code for camshaft sensor. It starts if I unplug cam sensor

Engine light is on and shows camshaft sensor so i replaced two times with the ones from autizone and still same code and issue , it starts when i unplug the cam sensor so i have no idea what can be the proble

A: Hello there, thanks for writing in. I’d be ...

Hello there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help.

If you replaced the sensor twice and the issue persists, then I would look at the connector and ECM as possible sources of the issue. I would carefully inspect the connector to the cam sensor for any signs of oil leakage, damage, or wear, both on the wires and on the metal contacts. If the wiring looks okay I would move on to testing the wiring to make sure that the correct signal is being generated, if it is not then it may be possible that there is an issue with the ECM or wiring. It may also be possible that the aftermarket sensors are the source of the issue, even if they are new. In many cases aftermarket components are not as high of quality as OEM components, and for that reason can cause issues.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.