Q: stiff steering wheel after adjusting tire pressure.

My tires were over inflated over 3x the recommended amount by a friend which was causing my vehicle to bounce around, which I was unaware of at the time. I purchased a pressure gauge to determine if my tire pressure was the issue and released air until I reached the recommended 32 PSI in each tire. Immediately after releasing the pressure, my steering wheel became difficult to turn when driving. It is still able to be maneuvered and returns to center like normal, but I feel the resistance when turning either left or right. If it helps, no indicator lights have come on, my tire pressure was over inflated for approximately a week, and my vehicle just hit 75,000 miles. I average about 475 miles a month of city driving and rarely take my car on the highway. I'm not sure what to do to fix the problem, but I don't want to have to take my vehicle in for complete servicing if there's a possible quick fix?

The pressure would have to be very low for it to affect your steering effort. But maybe it is. Most auto stores have a basket of tire gauges that they sell on the counter for a few dollars. Most of these are so inaccurate that it’s worse than having no gauge at all. If you have one of these you may have let way too much air out of your tires. To get a reliable tire gauge, you have to buy one made by a reputable tool company and it will probably cost between 10 and 20 dollars. But it could be that there is a problem in the power steering that needs attention. You would do well to have it checked out by someone who knows. You can have that done at your convenience by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your hard steering Yaris and let you know what it will take to fix it.

3. stiff steering wheel after adjusting tire pressure.