Q: The car wont go over 4000 rpms

My car dooesnt go over 4000 rpms wnen warm and theres a popping sound from the engine

Hi there. This sounds like the engine timing is off. Check the camshaft sensor and crankshaft sensor to see they are working. The computer has the engine in limp mode to keep the rpm’s from going up. If the timing on the engine is good, then check the spark plugs to see if they are burned or broken. If the spark plugs are in good shape, then check the engine compression to see if there is any burned valves. Popping sounds can be either done by an engine out of timing or a valve that is burned or bent. If you need further assistance your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with diagnosing the engine popping sound.