Q: The back tires keep wearing out, so is it the back struts I have to replace?

the ride is bumpy and when I hit a bump the car sways a lot and the back tires much tread wears out fast is it the back struts I need replaced?

If the rear of the vehicle seems unstable going over bumps and the tires have a lumpy wear pattern on them, it is likely the rear shock absorbers have a problem. You should have a technician inspect the function of the rear suspension as well as have the vehicles alignment setup checked. A vehicle out of proper alignment my cause excessive tire wear as well. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the suspension function and tire wear to offer a more personal diagnosis. For the alignment, you must visit a facility like an automotive repair shop or tire shop equipped with an alignment machine.

• The back tires keep wearing out, so is it the back struts I have to replace?