Q: Car having trouble shifting gears

My car is having a hard time shifting from second to third gear, and sometimes from first to second gear. If it sits for a while it has no problem shifting from first to second.

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $496.65 Get a Quote

Hello! The most common cause of hard shifting is due to low or improper level of the transmission fluid. A qualified mechanic, such as one of our YourMechanic experts, will be able to diagnose your gear shifting problem. The mechanic will check for causes of low fluid and inspect all the transmission components to ensure there are no further issues.