Q: My truck says code p0700 but my code reader says p0720 which one do I go by? Also can the tcm screw with the output speed sensor?

?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The P0700 is a generic code telling you there are issues with the transmission control module. This can mean issues with the module itself, or any of the various sensors that are connected to it. In this situation, that sensor is likely the output speed sensor, since that is the other code you are receiving. Turn your attention to the output speed sensor, and it is highly likely that the P0700 code will go away after the repair is successfully made. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My truck says code p0700 but my code reader says p0720 which one do I go by? Also can the tcm screw with the output speed sensor?