Q: My dad decided to push and clean my electric throttle body now my car is accelerating into second gear without me touching the gas

I was replacing maf sensor and My dad decided to push and clean my electric throttle body now my car is accelerating into second gear without me touching the gas and it shifts rough. I don't know if it can be recalibrated, or if I should replace it. If I do replace will I need to take it to a shop for pcm program. I was going to get one from pull a part because they are too expensive. But I don't know if programing is nessary or the cost

Remove the intake hosing to the throttle body and start the engine with the parking brake on and the transmission in park. Have someone throttle the engine as a snap throttle (to the floor and back very quickly but not to rev up the engine) and see if the throttle plate is moving or if it gets stuck. If the plate gets stuck, shut the engine down and clean out the throttle plate and open it with a long pry bar or screwdriver. This is so the plate can move and see if its sticking or not. If the plate is not sticking, then the throttle position sensor maybe out of adjustment and needs adjusted or replaced. If you need further assistance with your engine throttle sticking, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My dad decided to push and clean my electric throttle body now my car is accelerating into second gear without me touching the gas