Q: Brake lights don't turn on when brake pedal is pressed.

All 3 brake lights (2 main, and the third) don't light up when brakes are pressed. The fuse is good, and the bulbs light up when the parking lights are turned on. Would the issue be a bad brake light switch?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. Yes, the symp...

Hello, thanks for writing in. Yes, the symptoms you describe are typical of a faulty brake light switch. The brake light switch, which is usually mounted at the base of the pedal, is the electronic switch responsible for powering the brake lights. If the switch fails or jams then it will cause the brake lights to malfunction. If you would like help replacing or repairing this switch, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to to repair or replace it for you.