Q: Hello there, I was wondering if I would need to add a manual transmission if I add a twin turbo to my automatic car.

2005 Hummer H2 Sut with 92000 miles with an automatic transmission wondering if I can put a twin turbo in it and keep the automatic transmission or would I need to put a manual?

I recommend keeping your transmission in your vehicle that it is designed for. If you plan on putting in a Twin Turbo setup, then the transmission will hold up to the changes. Automatic transmissions are designed to take more abuse than a manual transmission for they have more gear to gear contact and that they can adjust clutch pressure at a greater force. You may need to build your transmission with a heavier clutch pack material, but other than that, your automatic transmission will working just fine. If you need further assistance with determining if your transmission will hold up to a Twin Turbo Engine, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Hello there, I was wondering if I would need to add a manual transmission if I add a twin turbo to my automatic car.