Q: I can't go in reverse

please give me advice on my car. I was trying to go in reverse on yesterday and it would not move..is there anything else that you can suggest I do instead of getting the whole transmission repaired?? like will I need to check the transmission fluid by chance first?

Please advise

A: The transmission in your vehicle requires s...

The transmission in your vehicle requires special tools to check and fill the transmission fluid level. It does not have a dedicated dipstick to check transmission fluid level. You can attempt to have the transmission serviced but with the age and mileage, it may not solve your problem. The transmission will most likely need repair/overhaul. If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to service your transmission fluid and diagnose the issue with your gears.