Q: Won't start. Just cranks, catches, and dies

When trying to start my car it will crank and crank, finally catch and immediately die. It started ok in the morning but when I went to start it after work that happened. I replaced the batter because the next day the current one was completely dead, but that did not solve the issue. Also none of the electronics seem to be working (radio, power locks, power windows, ect).

A: Hello there, a few different faults will ca...

Hello there, a few different faults will cause your 2001 Pontiac Grand Am to start and then die. Replacing the battery was a good start, as it can cause this type of issues. Other possible faults include the MAF sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter, battery cable, ignition switch, wiring harness fault or the ECM. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your car's starting problem and perform any repairs required to get your vehicle starting normally again.