Q: Every morning or when I use my truck i put it on drive I press on the gas and the engine will rev up but the truck goes very slow

Every morning or when I use my truck i put it on drive I press on the gas and the engine will rev up but the truck goes very slow after a while of pressing on the gas it starts going but when im at a stop it hesitates to go same thing happens when I go reverse.

A: Hello. I have a couple of ideas. You mentio...

Hello. I have a couple of ideas. You mentioned it happens in the morning and this indicates the truck is cold. When the seals in a transmission get old and hard, they allow ATF to leak internally and the transmission cannot build enough pressure to move your car forward. Once the car warms, the seals soften and seal. This will affect every gear, including reverse.

I assume, when you say the motor revs, you have a tachometer and the RPM’s rise but the car does not match speed. If this is the case, then the above explanation still applies. If you don’t have a tachometer, but the motor just makes a loud noise as if it were revving high, this is most likely the fan clutch pulling more air through the radiator. This will make a very loud rushing sound that sounds very much like the motor is revving high. It may be that the motor is not running well when cold and lacks power.

Either way, you should have one of our qualified technicians check it out. They can come to your car’s location to test the vehicle and diagnose the loss of power symptoms.