Q: My car wont start and doesn't do anything when i turn the key only the lights come on, 1999 Nissan Altima

When I turn the key in the ignition the cars doesn't start but the lights come on, transmission has recently been replaced the battery also

A: It sounds like you may need a starter. The ...

It sounds like you may need a starter. The testing for it is pretty straightforward. Check the battery cable going to it, and check for power at the start wire. If there is power at both, it will need a starter. If there is not power at the start wire, when the key is in the start position, that circuit will need to be inspected. A mobile mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to diagnose and repair your starting issue, if you still need assistance.