Q: After putting gas in my 2006 Ford Explorer, my car started sputtering and my Emissions light came on. Help!

asked by on April 22, 2017

After putting gas in my 2006 Ford Explorer, my car started sputtering and my Emissions light came on. Help! I also put some fuel injector cleaner & gas treatment after it started. Will my light go off?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Several things may be effecting your fuel system. While all gasoline has certain regulations to uphold to, not all gas is created equal, and the classic "bad gas" situation does happen. Secondly if the tank was low, your pump can pull up debris from the tank and cause a misfire. If the engine seems to be running fine, and the light is still on, go have the codes pulled which triggered the warning light. It will let you know what was wrong, or is still wrong. You can also have the codes cleared at this time. If the light comes back on, you need to take corrective action. If it stays off, your likely fine to carry on per usual. For more help with this and any potential repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.