Q: Dome light won't turn on unless you press the unlock button for the car. And the airbag light stays on, code 33

Last night the dome light worked just fine but tonight while detailing the car I noticed that the dome light would not turn on, even with the manual gauges/dome light roller switch turned on, and all the gauge lights turn on/off as it should. And the air bag light is not a new problem

A: Code 33 is a passenger side air bag fault. ...

Code 33 is a passenger side air bag fault. It can also be the seat belt pre-tensioner. The air bag system can be touchy. If you mishandle anything correctly, an air bag can explode. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the Air Bag Light fault. Air bags or pre-tensioners are not "repairable". If there is a fault in the air bag or pre-tensioner, they will have to be replaced. If the dome light bulb is not blown, it can be related to the air bag circuit fault.