Q: Location of fuel pump inertia switch

Can not locate fuel pump inertia switch.

The vehicle is not equipped with an fuel pump inertia switch. Your vehicle uses fuel cutoff solenoid on engine only.

2007 Ford Fusion Airbag Code B2290

If you are now getting U1900 after disconnecting the module then you may have damaged one of the pins or damaged the module when reconnecting it. You may have to replace module and have it programmed and then may still...

What are the various ignition switch positions?

Like most other cars today, yours has several different positions on the ignition switch. Understanding what each position does is important to ensuring that you can operate and drive the car safely. Here’s a quick rundown: Off: The rearmost...

Will only driving short distances damage my car's engine?

Hi there. Short trips do not damage a vehicle as long as the engine is allowed to reach operating temperature. I'm not sure where this myth originated, but it is tied to older vehicles that used to develop engine "run...

coolant bottle

Hey there. The coolant bottle on this car hold pressure and the material can only be sealed using a plastic welding or melting process. Otherwise, replacement is the only recommended repair. The replacement of the bottle is recommended before engine...

I have a illuminated Service AdvanceTrac Light and my back passenger rotor is destroyed within minutes of me driving after installation

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The AdvanceTrac will need to be adjusted for the height difference. As for the rotor being destroyed after putting on the lift, check the caliper to see if the line to it is long...

the truck turns over and over, but will not start

If the starter motor is turning the engine over rapidly, at sufficient RPM, but the engine does not catch and run, that means that there is an ignition, fuel, air induction, or mechanical fault in the engine that will have...

Gear goop everywhere from driver side, near the axle/boot/frame

This is a common sign of a failing CV joint. A CV (Constant Velocity) joint is a shaft that connects the transmission to the wheels, essentially transferring the power from the drive train directly to the wheels. The CV joint...

How do I turn on or turn off the compass display?

The compass shows you what direction your car is traveling in. This feature can be turned on or turned off very easily: 1. Press the Up/Down buttons on the steering wheel until Settings is displayed on the instrument panel, then...

Do I need to keep refrigerant in my A/C compressor during winter months

The refrigerant inside the compressor has nothing to do with the compressor pulley turning freely when the compressor is not engaged. If the pulley is not turning free then the bearing inside the pulley will need to be replaced. If...