Q: My car starts, stalls, and then speeds up fast, what could be the problem ?

asked by on May 19, 2017

So basically I turn the car on and It starts shaking that's how I know it's gonna stall, I pull off and it shakes hard and then speeds up fast

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The first thing to check for is air leaks. Look under the hood for any large or small rubber hoses that are in bad condition and could be allowing air leakage. Any air that gets into the engine without going through the proper channels can lean out the fuel mixture and make the car stall. Next you want to make sure that you are not overdue for a service. Cars can go a long way without a tune up these days, but not indefinitely. It could be that you just need to catch up on your services. Contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your stalling problem and to let you know what it will take to solve it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr