Q: Does the 1.6 liter 2011 Kia Soul need a timing belt replaced at 90K miles? It only talks about the 2.0 liter model in the manual.

asked by on March 19, 2017

.

Check the front of the engine for the timing cover. If the cover is aluminum, then your engine has a timing chain and not a belt. The 1.6L Soul engines are equipped with a timing chain after 2010. However, if your engine does have a timing belt, then every 60K miles to change out the timing belt. If you need further assistance with your timing belt or chain, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.