Q: What does the Charging System light mean on the dash in a 2012 Ford Fusion?

What does the Charging System light mean on the dash?

Your car’s Charging system is responsible for everything from powering your radio to operating the spark plugs in the engine. It’s absolutely critical for driving your car. If the Charging System light on the dash comes on (it looks like a little battery), it may be normal. Here’s what you need to know:

• The light should come on briefly when you start the car. It should go off after just a few seconds.

• If the light comes on when the engine’s operating, it means there’s a problem with the Charging system (generally the alternator, but it may indicate other problems).

Tip

If the Charging System light comes on, drive carefully and have your vehicle inspected immediately. It could mean that the alternator is not working and that your car is running solely on battery power, which won’t last very long.

• What does the Charging System light mean on the dash in a 2012 Ford Fusion?