Q: Front brakes squeak when cold

asked by on September 19, 2016

What makes front brakes squeak when cold?

Squealing noise from brakes Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hey there. This is typically due to the brakes forming a micro layer of surface rust on the cast iron rotors and this will cause very small grooves on the surface that make noise until you hit the brakes a few times to wear them off every day. It may be worse if it rained the night before after you park the car. Also in high humid areas it may be worse. If you are looking to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the brake squeak and suggest a proper solution.