Q: Number five cylinder problem

My car is having electrical problems. Number five cylinder is not getting the signal to fire.

The wiring on older Volvos, such as with your 1996 Volvo 960, can be a little temperamental and have bad connections. If the ignition coil is good but the coil itself is not receiving the electrical signal from the computer, then you may have a loose wire or perhaps a bad connection.

I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to come by and inspect your ignition system. They will go through and diagnose the exact cause of why your #5 cylinder on your Volvo is not firing and assist in making the necessary repairs so your Volvo is firing on all 5 cylinders and running smooth.