Q: Number five cylinder problem

My car is having electrical problems. Number five cylinder is not getting the signal to fire.

A: The wiring on older Volvos, such as with yo...

The wiring on older Volvos, such as with your 1996 Volvo 960, can be a little temperamental and have bad connections. If the ignition coil is good but the coil itself is not receiving the electrical signal from the computer, then you may have a loose wire or perhaps a bad connection.

I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to come by and inspect your ignition system. They will go through and diagnose the exact cause of why your #5 cylinder on your Volvo is not firing and assist in making the necessary repairs so your Volvo is firing on all 5 cylinders and running smooth.