Q: Car cannot start, engine unresponsive

Several days ago, my van started having difficulty starting. I would have to try to start it several times but it would eventually start running. However, I attempted to start it today, but there was only a clicking sound upon turning the ignition and nothing more. The engine doesn't turn over. Is the engine going out or is it something else?

The hard start issue on your 1994 Toyota Previa could be a variety of possibilities from something as simple as a dirty battery cable to a faulty starter, starter relay switch, or many other possibilities. Your vehicle requires a clean and consistent delivery of electrical current from the battery to the starter in order to complete the process of turning the engine over to start. If any function of this process is not working as intended, you may get a result such as a clicking sound or nothing at all. Because this can be time consuming and difficult to trace, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the hard starting problem and pinpoint what needs repair.