Q: I have a Mercedes Benz C230 and am seeing an indicator on the dash board that "A check in 5500 miles". Pls what does this mean?

asked by on December 28, 2016

What is the meaning of "A check in 5500 miles" message on my C230 2005 model MB

Change Oil and Filter $92.43 - $157.60 Get a Quote

The service reminder system is telling you how far you have until the next scheduled maintenance. The "A" service is an oil and filter change along with a few routine checks and the "B" service is the A service plus a handful of more extensive checks. They occur alternately. If you want to make the indicator go away, there is either a small lever next to the turn signal stalk or there are some up-down buttons on the steering wheel. Operating these controls scrolls the center display through a number of options. The service reminder indicator will come back of it’s own as you approach the time for service. When it’s time to do that A service, contact your mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to perform the maintenance operations and reset your service indicators.