Q: My blower switch only works on #2 speed & high speed could this be the blower resistor?

asked by on October 07, 2016

I hav replaced the 4 speed blower switch on the dash. MY A/C does work

Hello there, a few common faults can cause your 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass to only work on the #2 speed air flow. You are correct, the blower motor resistor could cause this fault. Other likely causes would be the fan control switch, blower motor, or a wiring harness fault. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your air flow issues and move forward with any repairs required.